The Medi-Connect system has been designed to be
highly flexible, usable, reliable and customisable. Its
core areas of functionality include:
- Sending orders to the Pyxis Medstation system
with a clinical review or validation step in-built to the
process. All transactions are attributable to a
- Management of the replenishment process
including the generation of refilling, stockout and critical low
reports, current stock levels, and stock expiry management.
- A wide range of built-in reports encompassing
the areas of Inventory Management, Medication Removals, Override
transactions, Drawer failures & other Maintenance, Controlled
Drug Discrepancy Management and Medicine Usage Review.
- Activity Reporting & Statistics including the
volumes of profiling & validation transactions being performed,
Medstation Stock Value; Override Transactions etc...
- Alerting functions - Medi-Connect is able to
generate alerts when particular medicines are removed from any
Pyxis Medstation, allowing the detection of interactions and
high-risk medications (e.g. Gentamicin or Warfarin).
These alerts can occur within the application on the Status
screen or via e-mail.
- Stable, Microsoft architecture; the Medi-Connect
system runs on a SQL Server 2000 database and is accessed via a
Microsoft Access 2003 Client application.
- No third party software required; exchanges
information directly with the Pyxis servers provided.
- Fully scalable; unlimited users with secure
access (username & password); multi-site capable, unlimited
Pyxis Medstations supported.
Click here to view
screenshots from the Medi-Connect system.
Click here for a brief tour
of the Profiling & Validation functionality.
here to download the Medi-Connect product information brochure.
to request an Online Demonstration of Medi-Connect.